Floating flooring is one of the most popular types of flooring. Vinyl, wood or laminate - you can choose the one that exactly suits your requirements. Information on how to choose a suitable type of floating floor can be found HERE. However, even with proper care, your floor can be damaged here and there. How to proceed in such a case?
Types of floating floor damage
- low degree of damage - small scratches, smudges, stains
- medium degree of damage - deep scratches, scratches, minor damage from fire
- high degree of damage - broken or broken floor, concave floor, burnt floor
In general, you can playfully clean the damage that we classify as low with the help of a cleaning agent that is specially designed for your type of floor. In the case of scratches, oil, varnish or care can also help. However, with moderately high and high degrees of damage, it is more difficult. Some types of floors can be sanded, others need to be replaced. The floor-to-piece floor replacement is as follows:
1. Always make sure the new part is from the same series. Another size, color or type of floor is not a suitable alternative for replacement.
2. If the floor is on the edge, replacement is easier. Remove the bar, select the part and replace it with a new one.
3. If the damaged piece is in the middle, cut it into a cross or into a drawing with a saw. Be careful not to damage the substrate.
4. Use a chisel and hammer to remove the piece.
5. Insert the new part and leave it loaded for at least 12 hours.
Replacing a floor is a more demanding process that requires at least some such skills. If you are not sure whether you can handle it or do not have the necessary tools, leave it to the experts.